This is my new viewable display case and it is perfect for holding larger embellishments and tools, smaller cards and boxes, and even ribbons. The finished box is approximately 5-3/8" x 5" x 6-1/2" and it has a hinged lid with a handle. This box was designed so that you could create multiples and adhere them beside each other or to use on its own. The handle will push down flat so that you can stack the boxes on top of each other as well. The file is compatible with both the 8x12 and 12x12 mats.
I am using vellum for my window pieces just so that you can see them in the photos, the vellum does help hide some of the content if you do not want it visible but the clear windows looks great in this box!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut out all the pieces and fold on the score lines.
2. Adhere the window pieces inside the frames.
3. Place adhesive on the larger piece and attach the front piece.
4. Add adhesive to a second larger piece as shown.
5. Attach the pieces together.
6. Attach the fourth piece.
7. Grab the base piece and place adhesive on the tabs.
8. Adhere the base to the front window piece as shown.
9. Fold the base under and adhere the other two side panels.
10. Close the box using the remaining tab.
11. Next grab the lid piece and handle. Place adhesive on the two tabs and along the long score mark in the back.
12. Insert the handle into the slots provided and then adhere the two tabs to the lid sides.
13. Attach the lid to the back of the box and bend back and forth to score the hinge piece.
14. Your finished box should look similar to this now!