Stamp Storage Bin

 Good Morning!  I am back with you today to share an altered project that I created to store my Close To My Heart My Acrylix® Stamp Sets in!

I found this 3.5" H Christmas bin at Michaels on clearance and it works perfectly with the Close To My Heart My Acrylix® Stamp Sets and it even holds three of the Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pads beside the stamp sets!

Here is a quick tutorial for how I altered mine...
 1.  This is the original bin (3.5" H #159224, Michaels).
 2.  Lay your box at the bottom edge on the backside of the paper you would like to use.  Trace around the box then cut out the traced lines.  Do this for all four sides (you will only need one 12x12 paper, I used the striped paper from the Dakota Paper Packet).
 3.  This is what your paper cuts should look like.
 4.  Make sure all your pieces fit your box properly.
 5.  Use your Slate Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad to ink around the edges of the papers cut.
 6.  Place a strong tape adhesive on the back of each of the pieces then adhere them to the box.
 7.  Your box will look similar to this!
 8.  Using your Cricut, cut out the letters for "stamps".  I used the Blast Off Cricut Imagine Cartridge with 1.3" cuts with the blue cardstock from the Dakota Paper Packet).
10. Ink the textured pocket stamp and stamp over each letter.
11. Your letters should look like this now.
12. Place foam adhesive on the back of each letter.
13. Cut a 3/4" strip of the blue cardstock from the Dakota Paper Packet and stamp with the small rivet stamp and the Slate Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad to cover the strip.
14. Your strip should look like this photo.
15. Adhere your letters as shown and place the strip just created along the bottom edge.  Trim the excess areas from the sides.  Cut a 1-1/2" strip in the and use a border punch to scallop and adhere along the top edge.  Use the Buttons, Bits, And Bobs My Acrylix® Stamp Set to stamp the small flower button on the blue cardstock from the Dakota Paper Packet then fussy cut the flower.  Punch two holes in the button area and string with twine to tie a bow!

Here is your shopping list:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Share:

3 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...